The events that unfolded from the installation of an Apple 59p app has been nothing short of spectacular and has provided me with a lot of "laughter time" as I have recited the story to anyone that will listen!
The story began with me discovering that the "facetime" app was available in the app store, my eyes lit up at the thought of trying this out. Without delay I called my brother who happened to be at my parents, my dad owns a Mac, I'm now thinking win, win! It soon became clear that my parents were not at home, undeterred I eagerly voiced my excitement of installing "face time" and asked him if he could install it on dad's Mac.
He could and he did, the app worked wonderfully and we face timed for 30 minutes checking out and marveling in the ability to see each other as we spoke!
The story now moves on:
I am sitting at home with my Macbook, Jennifer has gone for a shower, with the aim of going to bed straight after. "BORED!" What can I do it is only 22:00 and I am wide awake, hours before I am going to feel tired I'm sure!
Pow! It hits me, I wonder, will Dad be up at his computer, will he??
I open "facetime" and dial "Dad," it rings, it is still ringing, damn, he can't be at his computer! No! Hold on the picture flickers and there he is, glasses on sitting in his dressing gown!
His face is now looking hard at the screen in bewilderment, he can see me on his monitor but it is obvious he has no idea why I am there or how I have come to be there either! I can't stop laughing at his reactions, has he stumbles for words, "is that you," "Alex what the hell are you doing on my computer," why are you laughing," "why can I hear you!"
After a couple of minutes of uncontrollable merriment the mood calmed down to a more sober admiration of the tech again. "It's good isn't it dad," "yes it is, I like it son" and general chit chat ensued.
20 minutes of general chit chat must have rolled by when I noticed my dad's face, he looked quizzical, he had stopped talking, even on my screen I could see that he was looking behind me, I in turn turned to look behind me and oh my god!
There was Jennifer standing by the mirror brushing her hair, TOTALLY NUDE and my dad could see her!!!
I didn't know what to do, I sat there mouth wide open, she said "what are you doing," I couldn't speak, I moved the Macbook, it was obvious that there was something wrong with me in the way I snatched at it, my dad's face whizzed past me, he was looking at me as the laptop flew round 180 degrees.
"What are you doing," she said, now she was quizzical!
Horror! The worst thing that could have happened, happened! My dad said, "Alex was that Jennifer..Naked?" Jennifer realized what was happening in a flash....
The next hour was painful for me, I tried to console her, "he didn't see you naked, I pleaded."
She didn't believe me and still doesn't but now a day or so has passed the horror that Jennifer felt knowing my dad was looking at her naked has eased. This is great news I can now tell the story at every opportunity with only a mild look of disapproval from Jennifer..
Alex

No comments:
Post a Comment