Friday, 25 February 2011

Another day in paradise

The first thing I noticed today was the weather and how it had gone from a barmy spring like day yesterday to a more uniformed overcast day today. The second thing I noticed was Jennifer's mood, I think it is linked to the weather!

I noticed the change in mood at breakfast, we normally eat whilst trying to get out of the door. I can usually be seen with with a slice of toast in my mouth, keys in one hand, laptop bag in the other, phone wedged between my shoulder and cheek whilst using a specially trained tool from my armoury, my foot, it is now after all these years of training fundamentally a third hand used for opening and wedging doors open.
Jennifer is similar to me but less clumsy, which is a surprise as she doesn't have a specially trained third hand. She is though obviously aware of my special powers as she allows me to trip, slip and clear the path as she walks a couple of paces behind me eating some sort of fruit or cardboard looking snack.

This morning however was different, no fruit, no cardboard.... She was in front of me too, shouting at me to hurry up as she seemed to deliberately close every door in my path! I think it could be that she doesn't know how to use her foot like I do, I must ask her if she would like me to give her some tips. This situation gave my third hand a great workout and I reckon the next time the local has its "Caribbean limbo night" I should enter, the winner gets a 12 month supply of Malibu.
 
The mood hasn't changed all day, as I type this blog I can see her pretending everything is okay with the staff in the office, I know it isn't.
I have now worked out what the problem is, it came to me in the car and after some research on the internet my conclusion was confirmed, she is suffering from SAD! Seasonal Affective Disorder, she has all the symptoms, happy yesterday when it was spring like, moody today when it is overcast and cold.



I have decided to remedy this and book us a holiday. I will do this tomorrow by going into town taking Jennifer with me, that should cheer her up a little and once booked I am sure she will be positively glowing.

I am really pleased with myself as this plan should get me out of the painting which I promised to start tomorrow. We have had more than one disagreement about this over the last couple of months, it led to an argument last night! Jennifer had the nerve to say "I wouldn't start it", "you have been promising to do it for months" and the real hurtful comment, "you have no intention to start, you never have"!

I know I promised to start painting tomorrow, but surely Jennifer will see that I am not doing it to cure her of SAD..

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment